I've been working on this list for the past year or so, and it's been revised so many times. Of course, this is from my perspective, a woman who dates a man. Anyways - here's the current state it's in. I welcome your feedback + thoughts. xoxo
1. Love yourself. Be yourself. Be true to yourself. Be good to yourself. Take care of yourself.
2. If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay.
3. Trust your gut. Don't make excuses. Own it.
4. Don't try and change yourself for a relationship that's not meant to be.
5. A friend does not mistreat a friend. If the relationship ends because he was not treating you as you deserve, then HELL NO, you can't "be friends" after wards. No no no no no no no way.
6. Things don't get better. It is what it is - don't stay because you think it'll get better.
7. The only person you can control in a relationship - is you.
8. Have your own set of friends and hobbies you can call your own. A woman needs good solid girlfriends.
9. Boundaries - if something bothers you, speak up. If you don't like how someone is treating you, say something.
10. Change comes from within. You cannot change someone else.
11. He is not a quasi-god. We are all human - no one is better than the other.
12. Never let a man (or woman) define who you are.
13. A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you. Don't allow laziness be an excuse.
14. All men are not dogs, evil, etc... There are some good ones out there.
15. Compromise is a two-way street. You should not be the one doing all the bending.
16. Keep up your personal growth. Read. Write. Speak. Question. Challenge.
17. Be engaged in the present - be in the moment and spend quality time with him regularly.
18. Men build homes. Boys shack up.
19. Be proactive - return romantic gestures. Sometimes, take initiative in planning dates, surprise presents, etc...
20. Allow your woman's intuition to save you from heartache.
I host a weekly AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Fridays, 12-1pm PST. You can sign up on meetup.com under the Blockchain Underground.
If you want to learn more in a small cohort based environment via a super curated synthesized 3-day Blockchain Crypto Fundamentals Workshop, apply here: https://maven.com/yuv-dojang/blockchain-crypto.