I love @LuggageDonkey | Mom of 3 | Operator | Writer | #Startups | Chair of the U.S. Blockchain Coalition | @Cornell | Speak Truth
20 relationship rules
I've been working on this list for the past year or so, and it's been revised so many times. Of course, this is from my perspective, a woman who dates a man. Anyways - here's the current state it's in. I welcome your feedback + thoughts. xoxo
1. Love yourself. Be yourself. Be true to yourself. Be good to yourself. Take care of yourself.
2. If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay.
3. Trust your gut. Don't make excuses. Own it.
4. Don't try and change yourself for a relationship that's not meant to be.
5. A friend does not mistreat a friend. If the relationship ends because he was not treating you as you deserve, then HELL NO, you can't "be friends" after wards. No no no no no no no way.
6. Things don't get better. It is what it is - don't stay because you think it'll get better.
7. The only person you can control in a relationship - is you.
8. Have your own set of friends and hobbies you can call your own. A woman needs good solid girlfriends.
9. Boundaries - if something bothers you, speak up. If you don't like how someone is treating you, say something.
10. Change comes from within. You cannot change someone else.
11. He is not a quasi-god. We are all human - no one is better than the other.
12. Never let a man (or woman) define who you are.
13. A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you. Don't allow laziness be an excuse.
14. All men are not dogs, evil, etc... There are some good ones out there.
15. Compromise is a two-way street. You should not be the one doing all the bending.
16. Keep up your personal growth. Read. Write. Speak. Question. Challenge.
17. Be engaged in the present - be in the moment and spend quality time with him regularly.
18. Men build homes. Boys shack up.
19. Be proactive - return romantic gestures. Sometimes, take initiative in planning dates, surprise presents, etc...
20. Allow your woman's intuition to save you from heartache.
10/9/2010 04:59:40 pm
Love your relationship rules. So right on 1-20!
10/10/2010 09:14:46 am
Hey, Karen: Thanks so much for the blog comment! :) I think so, too! Will share more if I find more along the way.
1/15/2011 04:12:26 pm
I think this sounds resonates to #2, and many others as well - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq2KgzKETBw
1/31/2011 06:20:01 am
I think you just summed up all the best self-help/relationship books out there in 20 lines. YOU rock.
1/31/2011 08:25:47 am
1/31/2011 08:26:24 am
Ritsuko: Thanks so much for your comment! :) You rock back! ~Arry
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
I host weekly Office Hours on Fridays, 2-3pm Pacific Time Zone. You can sign up on meetup.com under the Blockchain Underground.
If you want to learn more in a small cohort based environment via a super curated synthesized 1 Day Blockchain Crypto Fundamentals Workshop, apply here: https://maven.com/yuv-dojang/blockchain-crypto.