So excited! So excited! So EXCITING!!! (YAY!)
A couple of our favorites from the Geekwire article:
The biggest hurdle we’ve overcome is: “Building and strengthening the team that we are today in such a short time and over distances. It is an ongoing and personal process to commit to each other and the company every day. We’ve embraced a lot of tips and tricks from other entrepreneurs, like Kyle Kesterson, around teaming best practices that have really taken our team to the next level.”
- We have daily Gifting Huddles (daily standup meetings where we talk about 1) what was accomplished in the last 24 hours, 2) what will be accomplished in the next 24 hours, 3) how one is feeling, and 4) committing to each other every day by saying "I'm in!"). We got this format from a fellow entrepreneur, Kyle Kesterson when he gave a talk about company culture. We were already doing Gifting Huddles, but this format has allowed us to get to the next level of teaming together.
- Walks - We do a lot of brainstorming and thinking while walking together. It helps us get some blood flowing in our bodies instead of sitting at our desks all day. Walking also helps us with creative thinking when we are looking for that fresh perspective.
- High fives! Really, whenever we interact as a team, we end each of our interactions with a high five! High five's are energizing, fun, and human. It is one of the first things you learn to do as a very small child - the purity of a high five is something we just love. When we have our Google Hangout meeting, we will high five too - though, it's not as good as the in-real-life high five.
- We spent a really really really long time as a team talking about this. All of these business leaders have accomplished so much. All of them have so much that we will learn from. And, we would be absolutely honored to have any and all of them in our corner.
- At the end of the day, we want to show the world how business, design, psychology, process, and technology can be done differently. We are lucky to be a part of the world today, where so many opportunities are arising. Crowdfunding is actually exciting and people have embraced it. Applications and mobile technologies, including responsive design. We can do a lot of things better, together - interactions that were originally designed 5, 10, 30 years ago can be taken to that next level.
- We are motivated by our desire to put the human-side of life back at the front and center of business and technology. Gifting is an extremely human act that has been lost over the years. With Giftstarter.co - we see it as a step towards doing just that.
I would love your feedback and thoughts. Thank you for being with me on this awesome journey.